Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· hispanic mechanic
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine got this question from someone who saw an email he was sending to me with some questions about conversion.
Anyone else gotten this? I decided a few months ago to use "1speedlos" as a new email address after getting some racist skinhead propaganda a couple of times at my "sslos" address.
I'm considering no longer using the term "SS", 'cause I really don't want to be associated with those douchebags.
BTW, my friend laughed really hard. He recounted my favorite hobby in high school- picking fights with racist skinheads, whenever I could find them one on one!

the los

· Registered
20,885 Posts
sslos said:
A friend of mine got this question from someone who saw an email he was sending to me with some questions about conversion.
Anyone else gotten this? I decided a few months ago to use "1speedlos" as a new email address after getting some racist skinhead propaganda a couple of times at my "sslos" address.
I'm considering no longer using the term "SS", 'cause I really don't want to be associated with those douchebags.
BTW, my friend laughed really hard. He recounted my favorite hobby in high school- picking fights with racist skinheads, whenever I could find them one on one!

the los
Har! I've thought about that too. "Have you thought about converting to SS? I have some White Bros. stuff for you. I prefer White Industries."

· Sugary Exoskeleton
4,615 Posts
Ss

Don't let the actions of wankers spoil your lifestyle, It's time to take SS back! Already I am sure more cyclists think Single Speed more often than Nazi Secret Police when they see the initials, and that's not a bad thing, is it?

Plus you've got the good company of Social Security, Stainless Steel, the SS Minnow among others.

Nat, that's funny! I always laughed about White Industries and White Brothers and wondered if the later arrival of the Manitou Black and the popularity of blackwall tires was somehow an cosmic balancing act. How about a Zion SS? Place names with religious origins/connotations always make great bike names!

Nat said:
Har! I've thought about that too. "Have you thought about converting to SS? I have some White Bros. stuff for you. I prefer White Industries."

· Registered
20,885 Posts
JMH said:
Don't let the actions of wankers spoil your lifestyle, It's time to take SS back! Already I am sure more cyclists think Single Speed more often than Nazi Secret Police when they see the initials, and that's not a bad thing, is it?

Plus you've got the good company of Social Security, Stainless Steel, the SS Minnow among others.

Nat, that's funny! I always laughed about White Industries and White Brothers and wondered if the later arrival of the Manitou Black and the popularity of blackwall tires was somehow an cosmic balancing act. How about a Zion SS? Place names with religious origins/connotations always make great bike names!
There was a fork manufacturer that called themselves ***********. Nice name.

· Sugary Exoskeleton
4,615 Posts
Zion Curtain

There used to be a radio show in Salt Lake City that played non-mainstream rock and punk, and it was called Behind the Zion Curtain. Heh!

screampint said:
Ha! Funny you mention Zion and ss. I'm planning to ride the Zion Curtain soon on my ss.

· Registered
23,745 Posts
The fact that SS is then followed by Los should reduce the bizarre assumptions that are associated with you. However, that would suggest that racists and Nazis are of higher intelligence...

Don't fret. No matter what is what, idiots decide their own defintions.

· Look at the time!
1,144 Posts
"SS Los!" (german) means "SS go!" (can also be "SS free") so no wonder you got nazi-spammed. i didn't think that spammers would check emailadresses for keywords - but it must be a good method to find the right targets for spam.

the "SS" question has been discussed in german ssp forums, too :D
most people prefer to type "SSp" or "SiSp" instead.

It's time to take SS back!
it certainly would be nice to see more cyclist- and less nazicrap websites when you do a websearch for "ss" :cool:

· hispanic mechanic
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, this is great stuff!

I knew you guys would appreciate the irony of anyone thinking that I'm a Nazi!
Oh, and as far as taking back terms, I used to have a cannibalized Specialized sticker on my Ibis that read "****." Taking back epithets is fun.

the los

· Kill your... television
924 Posts
Nat said:
There was a fork manufacturer that called themselves ***********. Nice name.
There still is a *********** suspension manufacturer. KTM (Austrian motorcycles) owns them. However, they go by the more P.C. version "WP" now.

Moto

· President, CEO of Earth
980 Posts
Son of a bïtch!

People will believe waht the want to believe. My Father in Law used to be the Editor of a newspaper in a small town and he signed the editorials with "SOF"(his proper initials). He got exactly one complaint who thought that "SOF" stood for "Son of a F*cker." Nobody he asked had ever even heard that expession before, let alone heard it shortened to an acronym as if it were common. But he statred signing his editorials "SXF" after that.

· Registered
545 Posts
Hispanics & SS

Just a thought for the Nazis with problems with Hispanics. Who was it who aided Franco in the Spanish civil war in the '30s?

· Registered
338 Posts
I always liked the phrase "One Gear Many Speeds", both for its accuracy and the sense of inclusiveness. Maybe we should replace SS with OGMS. Pronounced ogmis, as in I ride an ogmis, I am an ogmiser. Maybe not.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.