Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few questions about the SS King rear hub:

- Does it come with a King cog, can you choose the material (steel/ally) and can you choose the size of the cog?
- Does it come with the disc adapter, do you get to specify which adapter you need if it does?
- How easy is it to convert to QR, or can you buy QR ones (I don't want or need the bolted version or the funn bolts)
- Whats the best price people have seen for a King SS rear hub with disc adapter and QR setup? Or the best price for the basic hub?

Thanks,

Ian

·
Registered
515 Posts
SSBonty said:

- Does it come with a King cog, can you choose the material (steel/ally) and can you choose the size of the cog?
Mine didn't, but subsequently heard that they sometimes do. Perhaps it is a way for some retailers to make a bit more out of them.

- How easy is it to convert to QR, or can you buy QR ones (I don't want or need the bolted version or the funn bolts)
Easy to change, almost certainly will have to get what is available and sort it out subsequently.

·
(aka SS_MB-7)
924 Posts
SSBonty said:

- Does it come with the disc adapter, do you get to specify which adapter you need if it does?
- Whats the best price people have seen for a King SS rear hub with disc adapter and QR setup? Or the best price for the basic hub?

Thanks,

Ian
It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure my King SS hub did come with Kog, which was aluminum. I later bought 2 steel replacement Kogs. But, like I said, it has been a while so I could be wrong. Best to call King directly to see.

No, the adapter is not included and you will need to specify which you need.

It's very easy to switch from the Fun Bolts to a standard QR. Just unthread the bolts and insert the QR adapters. That's it!

Best price? Hmm, not sure. Just finding one is tough enough as it is. I had to wait 147 days for mine, but it's been worth every second of the wait! Amazing hub!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Webcyclery sells them.

It includes the stainless steel cog of your choice. You can specify QR axle ends for an additional $20. I seem to recall that the ISO adapter is included (but I cannot find written prove).

I have yet to see these hubs go for a 'good price'.

Hope this helps.

dd..'''

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, the King SS comes with a Kog and Adapter

When the hub is sold from King there is a stainless King Kog and disc adapter included in the cost. If you go to the King web-site and open their retail pricing pdf you will see the suggested retail price and that the King Kog and disc adapter are included. The QR inserts do not come with it. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.