Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently making plans for the Annual Family Vacation (aka Annual Family Beating because the in-laws are going as well...).

I have been told that to ease my pain I can take my bike and ride every one of the 6 days we are there.

So, what trails should I ride, and what gearing would you suggest? I typically ride a 34:17 down here in Texas for everything. Or should I "shudder to think" take something with gears...

Thanks,

·
Registered
354 Posts
Big Pig said:
I am currently making plans for the Annual Family Vacation (aka Annual Family Beating because the in-laws are going as well...).

I have been told that to ease my pain I can take my bike and ride every one of the 6 days we are there.

So, what trails should I ride, and what gearing would you suggest? I typically ride a 34:17 down here in Texas for everything. Or should I "shudder to think" take something with gears...

Thanks,
Yeah....34:17...........in the Tetons WTF right? I mean there are cowboy hats in J-hole just like Texas, plus Dick Chafe-me is cryogenically stored here and...er I mean he lives here...er I mean he has a house here....er , he bought a condo at the local country club just to apease the rule that says that pres. and vice can't be from the same state.
sorry could'nt resist....bring gears dude, or good hiking boots ;)

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
Jackson Rocks

I have taken vacations there and had a few really epic rides.

Check out the areas on the other side of the pass, near Driggs Idaho. There's a shop that is really helpful over there, and everything is good.

PS Bring gears. You gotta climb to ride there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I second Driggs. I spent a week there two summers ago biking because our VW van couldn't make the pass to Jackson. One of the best misadventures we have ever had, it has (had, it was two years ago?) a cool small town feel, with some great trails.

I highly recommend the ride up the access road to Grand Targhee, then there is a singletrack ride all the way down from the disc golf course. I don't remember what it was called but the people at the bike shops are super friendly.

We liked it so much we actually looked at buying some land in Driggs and putting a trailer on it for summers....

I am new to single speeding, but I would have to say that gears would be a good idea.

Lutarious said:
I have taken vacations there and had a few really epic rides.

Check out the areas on the other side of the pass, near Driggs Idaho. There's a shop that is really helpful over there, and everything is good.

PS Bring gears. You gotta climb to ride there.

·
Wandering not Lost
632 Posts
Big piggy is a texan.....

thake the 34:16 and rock the knees.....talk to you when you get back to d-town and visit the orthopod.....

have fun...while I burn down here...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.