Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, how about some input on different SS freewheels for a Surly, Paul SS hub. I have used ACS and Shimano cogs, just want to know what else is out there. Anything lighter? What kind of prices are we talking? thanks

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
3 letters...E...N...O

Yea they are pricey, but they last, and they actually do not feel cheap. Pick your main gear, and the bite the bullet. You will not regret it!

I still user crapper freewheels for "experimental" gearing.

LP

PS - Fill your Shimano and ACS freewheels with Phil's Tenacious Oil and they will feel a lot smoother for a little while.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yup

bite that bullet and get the ENO. Great and no problems in seven months and I have no idea how many miles, but well over 150 hours of ride time this year alone. You may not be so convinced on the first ride, but in three months when it is still smooth and engaging as if it where new you will be happy. I like it, and I really don't like much, well, I like dogs, but people is where I draw the line. Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.