Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Look at the abuse to the poor dog! He's got his fingers on the brakes holding the poor animal back! Woah there bud you may break 10 mph with a dog pushing your 180 lb self along!

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
Mud Muncher said:
Look at the abuse to the poor dog! He's got his fingers on the brakes holding the poor animal back! Woah there bud you may break 10 mph with a dog pushing your 180 lb self along!

hell, you gotta tire out a husky mix somehow! :D

·
Am I getting too bulky?
800 Posts
just to make it feel at ease
Isn't the poor mutt's johnson gonna be awfully cold? That's the most important part to keep warm! Of course, he IS ready for action any time his ***** is ready for him. :D

·
highly visible
3,268 Posts
I have ridden one of these

My wife and I were in Bend back in October, running our dog at the dog park, and the guy who sells them came along on the thing with his dog.

We both demo'ed it (with his dog, not ours, since there's some training involved, though I think our dog would only take about 20 seconds to figure it out and decide it's pretty cool). It works really well. We've considered getting one, because we live on a riverside bike path and it would be a great way to give the dog a little more exercise than our normal walks, for times we don't have time to go out and really run him on MTB rides.

Here's a link: http://hometown.aol.com/mschue5938/dogpoweredscooter.html

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Trevor! said:
Who would actually buy one of these things?

Poor dog.
Why "Poor dog"?

Dogs bred for pulling love to pull. My Malamute doesn't understand his harness but he'll pull on his collar like you wouldn't believe. I just hook the leash to the handlebars on the bike and let him tire himself out pulling me around the neighborhood.

·
Am I getting too bulky?
800 Posts
Trevor! said:
Who would actually buy one of these things?

Poor dog.
Dogs love that kind of stuff. My dog will pull hard for a good two miles when I hook her up to the bike leash system, and she's not even a sled dog.

·
Registered
59 Posts
$$$

$270 just for the outrigger - thats rediculous - I have two large german shepards that would love those things and I would consider getting a couple of these things but that price is outragious - Another $240 or so gets you an "approved" scooter. hmmm $510 dollars that could be spent on bike parts instead.

Great idea though

JG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts