Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
anyone running a tricross or similar off road with a flatbar?

Lots of guys here in Melbourne australia are running this set up as a courier bike.

Have also seem it done on the 1st generation on-one il Pompino's which had the 135mm rear spacing.

Kinda keen to try it, I have some 700x42 ritchey tyres, which I'm gunna throw on my 29 inbred ss and see how it goes.

I really like this set up i have a mate out here that rums that with a sibex ti unicrown fork look so slick

·
Where's Toto?
1,188 Posts
I've been playing around with drops, flats, and risers on my Bianchi San Jose. I use brakes front and rear and alternate between SS and fixed depending on my mood and the wind here in Oz (as in KS). I'd like to try a Mary or one of the Jitensha (Nitto) bars for a little more angle and sweep at the wrist. Also, currently running between Bonti 28c and Michelin Jets mostly for a mix of on road and gravel. I'll likely pickup some 37-42c tires in a smoother tread to try at some point.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I don't like most flat bars; I do like the Nitto Dove or Albatross bar. Dove bar's what I've got on my rigid SS MTB, for all intents and purposes, pretty similar to what you're proposing. PeanutbutterBreath posted a pic of a SS cross bike he'd build up with Albatross bars; it looked really cool.

·
Basura Blanca
1,796 Posts
I built this CRB up for the wife, but she never much got into SS-ing. The frame's for sale now, but I'm thinking of getting a Fleegle or some FU2 bars from Misfit Psycles to put on my Bianchi Volpe (geared). I've really tried to appreciate all the hand positions afforded by drop bars, but for me, they're all uncomfortable. I'd got with a Mary, but I need more width in the center for some clip-ons, for the really long solo training rides.

Attachments

·
Basura Blanca
1,796 Posts
Thanks. Yeah, I've seen the Luv Handles and they look nice, but it's hard to justify spending $85 on bars that aren't going on my main ride.
- Joe

chefmiguel said:
Joe, don't know if you have already but check out Groovy Cycles they have bars that seem to be what ur looking for. Think they're called Love Handles.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Joe think of it this way it may not be your "main ride" but if its the one hauled out of the garage the most, then $85 isn't that much it it means being comfy. If your not particular about color I think Rody had some seriously garish ones that he couldn't sell at the show for a little less.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts