Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of converting my spare Cannondale F600 into a single speed. I've looked through several threads on this forum but couldn't find a solid answer to two questions...

1) Can I use my 9 spd chain or is that a bad idea.
2) Can I get away from a ugly chain tensioner by using 1/2 link chain with my vertical drop out frame? If so do you have any tips on how this can be done correctly?

Thanks for your input!

·
Hoosier
442 Posts
I didn't.....

I just completed converting my 2004 F600 to SS a few hours ago. I set it up with a 32:18 gear ratio and it was very close to the magic gear but not close enough. I used a Misfit Psycles chain tensioner. And I decided to go with a SS chain because they're stronger and the 9 speeds are known for slipping off due to being thin.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keatan said:
I just completed converting my 2004 F600 to SS a few hours ago. I set it up with a 32:18 gear ratio and it was very close to the magic gear but not close enough. I used a Misfit Psycles chain tensioner. And I decided to go with a SS chain because they're stronger and the 9 speeds are known for slipping off due to being thin.
Got any pics of your completed F600 conversion? I'd love to see how your bike turned out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.