Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opening weekend coming up...and I assume there is fresh snow? WTF?

Anyway, any good local reports? I was planning to take Friday off to go up there and play.

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
You should be good. There was snow last night, 1-6 inches depending on where you are.
It is supposed to be a little cold over the weekend but don't think the cold, rain or possible snow will affect things.

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
Yes, the snow did mostly melt, some still at higher elevations and in the shade. It should be all gone by this weekend. Be prepared, its going to be a little cool this week and some rain expected for sunday/ monday

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
Being that it is a holiday weekend, I'm sure there will be lots of people, however, the weather is supposed to be pretty crappy the whole weekend, so I'm also pretty sure it will keep some away.

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just me personally, I am going up opening day just to take a day away from work. Just going to relax a bit, play around. I wouldn't plan on it being a great weekend. If it turns out that way, then all the better. If it turns out bad, it's what I expect.

I'm actually probably going Friday and Saturday. Friday by myself to relax, Saturday to bring my new riding GF up so she can do some lift assist to the trails outside the park.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Man, I really hate to even say something like this because I really don't know whats going on behind closed doors and I'm a nobody, but I truly don't understand why there hasn't been more effort put into fixing it. People have been crashing on those things left and right since its inception last season. I will be doing my best to avoid them on Saturday.

·
Registered
95 Posts
NEW TRAIL ALERT – Big Bear Mountain Resort has received approval from the Forest Service to build a new build a new 1.5-mile black downhill trail, 10-ply, which will debut later this summer. 10-ply will replace the current Log Chute hiking trail and is scheduled to be completed well in advance of the Fox US Open of Mountain Biking, September 12-15. The hiking trail will be relocated under Chair 1 and wind through the canyon. Additionally, BBMR has received approval to build an upper connector to Pirates trail, which should reduce rider traffic on the Forest Service road.

·
Robertson
1,032 Posts
NEW TRAIL ALERT - Big Bear Mountain Resort has received approval from the Forest Service to build a new build a new 1.5-mile black downhill trail, 10-ply, which will debut later this summer. 10-ply will replace the current Log Chute hiking trail and is scheduled to be completed well in advance of the Fox US Open of Mountain Biking, September 12-15. The hiking trail will be relocated under Chair 1 and wind through the canyon. Additionally, BBMR has received approval to build an upper connector to Pirates trail, which should reduce rider traffic on the Forest Service road.
Yaaaassssss little short though

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.