Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Jessep said:
I don't know what the consensus is on SRAM buying rockshox, but I just got a new pike 454 air and it looks pretty freakin' impressive. Too bad i have to sit in front of a computer all week and can't use it. At least I can stare at it..
SRAM buying RS saved RS. Three years ago their stuff was crap. Big turnaround.

·
Bicyclochondriac.
15,226 Posts
Jessep said:
I don't know what the consensus is on SRAM buying rockshox, but I just got a new pike 454 air and it looks pretty freakin' impressive. Too bad i have to sit in front of a computer all week and can't use it. At least I can stare at it..
I think the consensus is that it saved an ailing giant. RS was crap. I would never think of buying one. In fact it took some convincing for me to believe the Pike was worth buying. Now I realize they have put out one of the best forks on the market (Pike) I have owned Marzocchi and Fox Forks, and this is every bit as good. The only beef I have with mine is plastic knobs, and they changed that for `06.

Kapusta

·
Dude...
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kapusta said:
I think the consensus is that it saved an ailing giant. RS was crap. I would never think of buying one. In fact it took some convincing for me to believe the Pike was worth buying. Now I realize they have put out one of the best forks on the market (Pike) I have owned Marzocchi and Fox Forks, and this is every bit as good. The only beef I have with mine is plastic knobs, and they changed that for `06.

Kapusta
Yeah, I still have a friend to convince myself. He has a vanilla that feels like a pogo stick and has a creaking crown. Owned a psylo before that (crap) so still has a bad taste in his mouth when he hears "rockshox"

Hopefully getting a ride on it today...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.