Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a Sram XX rear mech, XX triggers and Sram chain, the general idea is to buy the full XX groupset (minus the brakes and forks). I'm debating getting the XX Cassette and the XX front mech this month (it's pricey stuff) but I'm not sure if I need the chain set before I can fit the parts I've already got. My current chain set is an FSA MegaExo (I've removed the granny ring).

It would be nice to get on the parts I've already got, I don't wanna have to wait another month

Thanks in advance all :))

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
IMO, the chainset and Bb should be treated as a pair and replaced together, but they're the least critical element (in terms of integration and shift function) in the progression and can be saved for last.

You might find your happy with the performance of the system without changing the chainset ans can hang onto your dough.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what my Dad said, and probably what I'll do. I was going to get the chainset, bottom bracket, the front mech and casette this month, but my missus went and booked a holiday lol.

I will just have to the get the bottom bracket and chainset next month :( I just wanted to know if it would work with my existing pieces :) Will order them tonight as the nice boys over at Chain Reaction sent me a voucher for £10 :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.