Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've just bought a lovely new SRAM chain set to finish off my group set and have attempted to fit it this evening.

I don't really know how to describe it (My Dad's a bike mechanic and he does this kinda stuff for me) but it looks like the 2 pieces of the crank are incompatible. It's jammed on and won't budge with about a 1cm to go. The Pre-loaded bit in the middle (I'm very technical me) has actually started winding out! It felt a bit tight when doing it up, so we were easy on the torque wrench. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get it off without breaking it?

Feeling very disappointed and very dejected. I don't know what to do. I have a £400 chain set stuck on my Cannondale. How do I explain it to SRAM and get it resolved? What can they actually do for me? Is it better to go through Chain reaction?

Really help some help here....

Cheers.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sparticus said:
Photographs are always a benefit
Heh, sorry about that, please find a photo below.

I'm not sure if it is actually a problem with the chainset. I've read that the Chris King bottom bracket isn't compatible with the SRAM XX chainset. Luckily, Chris King make an adapter that will resolve the issue. Found here

I've turned her in to my local bike shop. They're going to try and fix her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.