Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Redcoat
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I recently bought a cannondale scalpel 2012 team carbon 26er frame. I also have bought a crankset (second hand), SRAM xo with GXP bb included.

The scalpel has the bb30 fitting where the bearings are set directly in the frame (see below).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396830162.899668.jpg

The spindle that is on the crank is too thin or bearings too wide whichever you want to make of it. I wanted to ask is there a reducer set I can buy like the one here: http://www.xxcycle.com/fsa-reducer-...=SHOPPINGUSA&gclid=CP-O4riMzb0CFYc7OgodC1AADw

OR if I take the bb30 bearings out would the GXP bb work?

Or do I need to do something else all together?

I have the spacers and bearing shield that are needed if I go the bb30 route. I just really want to know what's my next step to take to fit it all together.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Trail Tire TV on blogger
4,237 Posts
Slash's link is good,.. and decent bearings.. but if ya spent the $$ on an X0 cranks you might want to get slightly better BB bearings and setup? The Real world cycling uses the same Enduro brand bearings but you can get a class or 2 up.. plus the bearing shell is made to screw together in the middle which helps with the well know dreaded press fit squeaking and BS..

KCNC/RWC BB30 to GXP BB Adapter with Enduro ZERO Bearings

1 - 4 of 4 Posts