Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2010 trek 6700 in late october and it came with sram x7 trigger shifters on it. When i downshift (or upshift in the front) and push the lever all the way and let go, the lever gets stuck on the other trigger and wont go back on its own. Also, the larger lever has a very noticeable amount of play in it up and down. is this normal for the x7's or is something wrong?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The play might not matter, but the lever should snap back on it;s own. Since the bike is still very new, why not et the dealer have a look, and if necessary fix it. It might be a defect or something simple as properly seating the cable or applying a a drop of oil.

Whatever it is, there shouldn't be a charge unless you've crashed. (or tinkered with it on your own)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
hmmm, i just sold a brand new X7 shifter, it didn't have any play in it, but it did just barely hit the other lever as it was pushed through it's throw, but it didn't stick. My guess is that the screw holding the lever on is loose, causing excessive up and down play that allows it to move just enough to hang up on the other lever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.