Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bikes in jeans
2,371 Posts
If the shop is legitimate, it's most likely because they don't have to abide by MAP pricing, which restricts shops from reducing prices on components past a manufacturer set minimum. CRC and Merlin and some others had to stop selling certain brands to the US because of this. They also may be selling OEM cranks which are technically the same but probably won't have a warranty unless they are sold on a bike.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,125 Posts
Don't know, but I do know that current X01 cranks are the previous XX1, with a metal foam-filled skeleton. The new XX1 has a completely hollow skeleton. So they've "bumped up" the lineup a bit. X1 may not have seen any changes.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Found these while browsing German bike shops, they are suspiciously cheap for carbon SRAM cranks: https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/fc-x-c-b1

Anyone know what's the deal? They seem to tick all the buzzwords: DUB, boost, xsync2, eagle 12spd compatible, directmount, carbon... Why are they so cheap (170€ vs 380€ for X01 cranks)?
you linked sram's site, not the german retailer.

I can tell you that in 11 speed, X1 was forged aluminum, and NOT carbon crank arms. I had a set. X01 and XX1 were carbon cranks for 11 speed.

so if you're seeing a very low price that's my first question - are they actually X1 Eagle carbon cranks?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah this is a huge and reputable shop, no funny business. I am not sure about forum rules linking directly to a shop, that's why I provided SRAM link. If you go to Bike24 and search for x1 crank you will find them...

Closer look at specifications shows zhem about ~70 gram heavier than X01 and ~70 or so lighter than GX descendant aluminium crank. Seems like a new middle of the road carbon crank option for DUB drivetrains!

·
Bikes in jeans
2,371 Posts
Yeah this is a huge and reputable shop, no funny business. I am not sure about forum rules linking directly to a shop, that's why I provided SRAM link. If you go to Bike24 and search for x1 crank you will find them...

Closer look at specifications shows zhem about ~70 gram heavier than X01 and ~70 or so lighter than GX descendant aluminium crank. Seems like a new middle of the road carbon crank option for DUB drivetrains!
Still speculating, but I'd be leaning towards an OEM version based on what you're describing. I wouldn't worry about quality since it's a Sram product, more whether you want to make the tradeoff of the slightly higher weight for the savings in cost and a possible lack of warranty.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts

We're a community, so links help us as a whole. I've never seen the admin blink twice about linking, as long as its not obvious spam (even then its often alright).

https://www.bike24.com/p2329373.html

Bike24 says its not shippable to the US. $167 bucks otherwise!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.