Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the SRAM XO Twisty shifter.

It is matted to a X0 RD, short cage and a tight chain.

I am not super pleased with the shifting feeling, especially going to a smaller gear.

Is there a way to apply some lub or adjust the shifter so it feels smoother?

Thanks.

·
Registered
535 Posts
If you are mechanically inclined, you can pull the shifter apart, clean everything up (don't use any solvents) relube it to Sram's specs. Just use the instructions for changing the grip (if you don't have it, it is available on the Sram website).

If the shifters sat around for a long time, the grease in the shifters could have gummed up a bit causing the stickyness.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If they're new, they are already greased and this will just be a waste of time. I took apart my 4 year old X7 twisters recently, and they still had grease in them!

Maybe twisties just aren't your thing... Is there another bike using them you can compare with?

·
Registered
73 Posts
iridexc said:
X-0 twisters are very mechanical in shifting, smooth is not what they do well
I agree... I have the SRAM X-0 twist shifters and they have a distinct mechanical click when shifting... They function perfectly, and grab each gear accurately.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't dislike them (yet), but I was not sure if the downshift could be smoother.

In general, I like the mechanical feel (positive feedback) of the SRAM trigger shifters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts