Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 XO and it has a handful of rides on it and I took a branch and snapped the cage and pulley in half. Is this replaceable? Its definately worth it to me a its been used less than 2 weeks.
I see an 08 pulley and spring assembly available ....would this fit my 07 X0?

If these parts break that darn easy, I'd rather go back to durable cheap crap...

thanks for any help...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Can be rebuilt. Cage assemblies can be found. Universal and AEBike off the top of my head. And IIRC 08 will fit 07.

I have an 07 that is sitting, waiting for me to get off my lazy ass and order a new cage.

·
Boyeeee
1,010 Posts
Been running the same XO since 04 with no issues. A branch can break any derailleur. Last year, I replaced the long cage with a medium, so the part is replaceable.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on that note... seems like I would rather have an aluminum cage for durability... I dont see this as an option... I dont care about the weight, but if every damn branch will be snapping these things...

·
Boyeeee
1,010 Posts
onabike said:
on that note... seems like I would rather have an aluminum cage for durability... I dont see this as an option... I dont care about the weight, but if every damn branch will be snapping these things...
I have an aluminum medium cage on mine. For a year or two, they went with full carbon medium and short cages and had some failure issues. This year they changed to a carbon front plate and aluminum rear plate on the cage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.