Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
I was just going to ask the same question (continuation from the last thread). I just picked up a SRAM 2200 crank from a 2011 Specialized Enduro which ends up just being an XO 24/36/bash; however, all of the Specialized bikes run 2x10 front der and shifters. So I am assuming that this may be the same as the XO 2x10 with a custom spider...
Which XO front der be best; direct mount, high clamp, or none of the above?
At least for me the confusion comes from running a 2x10 without the larger front ring.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Let me start by saying that we don't have the Race Face cranks modeled in cad and we have not ACTUALLY tried this set up -

Shimano 3x10 Down Swing Dual Pull 34.9 (M981L6 / M77110L6 / M66110L6)

Will mount on your bike and allow the chain to go low enough for the small ring. You would block out the large ring position with the limit screw.

The SRAM direct mount 2X FD is not designed to accommodate small rings that are that small. It's also not designed to have the chainrings be in the inboard and middle ring location as those cranks have them.

Hope this helps.

H

·
Registered
576 Posts
The cranks for specialized are XO 2x10 with a bash guard. So they still have the narrower chainline and use a 2x10 front derailleur and 2x10 front shifter. In the techdoc from SRAM they have specs for a 38/24 w/rockguard in the L4 position. It looks like the "custom" part of the crank is adding a bash w/smaller rings on an XO 2x10 crank.
Just trying to help add to the possibilities...

SRAM doc:
http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/X0 X9 X7 X5 Frame Fit Specs GEN 000000002876 - Rev B.pdf

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
c-wal said:
The cranks for specialized are XO 2x10 with a bash guard. So they still have the narrower chainline and use a 2x10 front derailleur and 2x10 front shifter. In the techdoc from SRAM they have specs for a 38/24 w/rockguard in the L4 position. It looks like the "custom" part of the crank is adding a bash w/smaller rings on an XO 2x10 crank.
Just trying to help add to the possibilities...

SRAM doc:
http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/X0 X9 X7 X5 Frame Fit Specs GEN 000000002876 - Rev B.pdf
Due to differences in lower link and seat tube shape as well as suspension travel, the set up that works on one bike design may not work on another. H

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking at the spec it seems I will need the 3x10 x0 mech as the 2x10 won't mount high enough on the frame and can't go inboard enough to hit the granny ring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.