Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,669 Posts
Shimano triggers are better anyway.
The shimano and SRAM systems use different amounts of cable pull for a given amount of rear deraileur movement. SRAM pulls more cable. So they aren't interchangeable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smilinsteve said:
Shimano triggers are better anyway.
The shimano and SRAM systems use different amounts of cable pull for a given amount of rear deraileur movement. SRAM pulls more cable. So they aren't interchangeable.
I compared an XT, XTR and X.0 the X.0 felt cleaner with a shoter throw?
 

·
Former Bike Wrench
Joined
·
15,976 Posts
Reeper said:
I compared an XT, XTR and X.0 the X.0 felt cleaner with a shoter throw?
Yes...the SRAM has a more "mechanical" feel and the Zero Loss combined with the adjustable lever position (neither of which are on the Attack shifter) on the XO and X9 make for some very quick shifts...as long as you use a SRAM rear derailleur.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mtnbiker72 said:
Yes...the SRAM has a more "mechanical" feel and the Zero Loss combined with the adjustable lever position (neither of which are on the Attack shifter) on the XO and X9 make for some very quick shifts...as long as you use a SRAM rear derailleur.
That's what I ended up doing XO shifters with X9 rear.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top