Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new set of SRAM X.7 triggers and an X.7 rear der. So far, I love them. They were stupid easy to set up.

Anyway, With my brake levers and shifter bodies in the standard positions as my old XT, it seems like I have to reach way under my bar with my thumbs to hit the "up" paddle (the one that releases cable). I don't have particularly large or small hands, either.

So, my question is, do you guys rotate the shifter bodies down towards the ground a liitle more than usual (away from the brake lever) so that you can reach the thumb paddle?

I love my X.7 system, so I need help getting these things dialed. Thanks!

Mike
Wooster, Ohio

·
Registered
681 Posts
There's no reason that they have to be in any specific position. Just rotate them so that they are comfortable and easy to use. Heck, it doesn't matter if you have them mounted upside-down on top of the bar. If that's what works for you them go for it. I'd try rotating them and see how it works.

·
fly like a beagle
60 Posts
Ohio Mike said:
I have a new set of SRAM X.7 triggers and an X.7 rear der. So far, I love them. They were stupid easy to set up.

Anyway, With my brake levers and shifter bodies in the standard positions as my old XT, it seems like I have to reach way under my bar with my thumbs to hit the "up" paddle (the one that releases cable). I don't have particularly large or small hands, either.

So, my question is, do you guys rotate the shifter bodies down towards the ground a liitle more than usual (away from the brake lever) so that you can reach the thumb paddle?

I love my X.7 system, so I need help getting these things dialed. Thanks!

Mike
Wooster, Ohio
I use my index finger to pull up on the trigger. Sram rocks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.