Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this is probably a really stupid question that all of you mechanic types should have no problem with. I have an Sram X-7 rear derailleur and I need some help so I don’t haft to go to the lbs. I can adjust the high and low set screws just fine (I think anyway) but my problem is that the angle of the derailleur is off and the chain rubs the inside of the next biggest cog on the front chain rings. I know there is an adjustment that I am missing somewhere but I just can’t seem to find it. Thanks for the help in advance and if I was to confusing I will try to clear it up if need be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input I had almost come the that conclusion myself after doing a little research on the web. Can I replace the hanger with a stronger one that is not as prone to binding.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
you could, but the whole idea of the replaceable hanger is that it will bend before trashing your RD (hopefully), so just order a couple and carry a spare... they are usually cheap...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.