Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Ziggarat is coming with SRAM X.0 rear derailer and X.9 shifters and XT front derailer..anyone have any experience with adjustments on the X.O rear...are they simple to adjust (no rear loop) and do they work well...I am used to XTR / XT and dont usually do my own adjusting, however, I have on occasion with some success and plan on doing it on my own more.

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
kurtdb1 said:
My new Ziggarat is coming with SRAM X.0 rear derailer and X.9 shifters and XT front derailer..anyone have any experience with adjustments on the X.O rear...are they simple to adjust (no rear loop) and do they work well...I am used to XTR / XT and dont usually do my own adjusting, however, I have on occasion with some success and plan on doing it on my own more.
I have an x9 der with x0 shifters. I think I have adjusted it twice in about 1000 miles offroad. Kinda weird, because I am used to adjusting my shimano stuff after every 50 miles or so.

Set the high limit, set the low limit, set the cable tension, and forget about it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Sram Xo

I was using XT shifters and rear der up until XO came out around 2 1/2 years ago. I switched and i don't plan on ever going back. I am using the XO shifter and rear der, and have no experience with the x0 shifter. The Xo is great and the only time i adjust it is when i need new cables--it shifts great, is crisp, and the bling factor is there too :D

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
kurtdb1 said:
I've been riding ESP since 1996 and would never go back to Shimano.

I always run a Sram 1.1 mil cable and solid housing. Don't lube the cable - you'll be fine with one barrel adjuster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.