Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my Juicy brakes back from SRAM. These guys are really having a hard time keeping up with the demand for these brakes.

At any rate, here is my experience. My rear Juicy blew out on me after a couple of weeks in the saddle. I knew something major was up since fluid was spraying out of the caliper. Next day I call up SRAM and get an RA# and send them everything so they can assess the problem.

My Brakes arrived at SRAM facility on 7/2/04.

I call for a status update on 7/8/04 and leave a vm with my representative. No call back.

I call again 7/12/04 and get my rep on the phone. He confirms that I will get a new system as my caliper was bad. He needs to cut the line and bleed them prior to shipping. But he says I should see my brakes by 7/16/04.

7/20/04 - I call to see where my brakes are. Still need to be bled. Apparently they are out of 185mm systems, so he will send me a 203mm system and a 185mm rotor/adapter. Cool, so atleast I get a bit of free stuff out of this mess.

7/22/04 - My System arrives with all parts as promised. Nearly 4 weeks after the original set breaking down on me.

Bottom line: My rep was very helpful when I could get him on the phone. Service was slow, glad I had a spare setup lying around so I wasn't shut down. I did get hooked up with some freebies. My brakes are back and life goes on. SRAM warranty = slow & steady

·
Sin Rider
307 Posts
dsb1829 said:
I finally got my Juicy brakes back from SRAM. These guys are really having a hard time keeping up with the demand for these brakes.

At any rate, here is my experience. My rear Juicy blew out on me after a couple of weeks in the saddle. I knew something major was up since fluid was spraying out of the caliper. Next day I call up SRAM and get an RA# and send them everything so they can assess the problem.

My Brakes arrived at SRAM facility on 7/2/04.

I call for a status update on 7/8/04 and leave a vm with my representative. No call back.

I call again 7/12/04 and get my rep on the phone. He confirms that I will get a new system as my caliper was bad. He needs to cut the line and bleed them prior to shipping. But he says I should see my brakes by 7/16/04.

7/20/04 - I call to see where my brakes are. Still need to be bled. Apparently they are out of 185mm systems, so he will send me a 203mm system and a 185mm rotor/adapter. Cool, so atleast I get a bit of free stuff out of this mess.

7/22/04 - My System arrives with all parts as promised. Nearly 4 weeks after the original set breaking down on me.

Bottom line: My rep was very helpful when I could get him on the phone. Service was slow, glad I had a spare setup lying around so I wasn't shut down. I did get hooked up with some freebies. My brakes are back and life goes on. SRAM warranty = slow & steady
I thought Avid made the juicy brakes?

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts
schnauzer said:
DAM.....I did not know that :confused:
Then you probably should know that in addition to Avid, SRAM also owns RockShox and just recently made a deal to purchase Truvativ. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts