Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have been looking for the past couple weeks for a X9 short cage rd and BTI, and Trek have been out of stock on all X9 rear derailleurs. Trek finally got some in today, so I snatched one up. Is this just cause they are selling out fast? Or do you think SRAM is purposfully putting more X0 derailleurs out there (both Trek and BTI had X0 rds) in the hope to get you to buy X0? Was getting mad that it was so hard to find a short cage X9 :)

-Matt

·
Registered
186 Posts
My guess is everyone is shipping bikes with x9 now days. Theres not enough to go around. If your at a shop its like the shimano road two years ago. Big demand increase from bike companies and not any left for the consumer.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
smoking39 said:
My guess is everyone is shipping bikes with x9 now days. Theres not enough to go around. If your at a shop its like the shimano road two years ago. Big demand increase from bike companies and not any left for the consumer.
Excellent observation. There are quite a few bikes now-a-days coming into the shop w/ the X9 rd and X7 shifter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.