Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey is this chain really as bad as MTBRs review section leads me to believe? I just picked up a new drivetrain at performance for the ASX and want to know if its worth the extra $10 to go back and pick up the PC-991, or if i should just save my $$ and get the 951. I HATE BROKEN CHAINS more than i hate poor shifting.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well I have one and so far it hasn't failed me. It survived last week riding hard in terrible conditions in the French alps where my riding buddy managed to go through 3 chains (I believe one was a 951, no idea what the others were). I'd say stick with it, look after it and it'll treat you well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exactly why i didnt panic when i read the reviews post purchase....do you recomend washing the chain with soapy/clean water first and then applying lube (finishline teflon plus dry)?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Agreed, just once it gets mucky and all gritted up degrease it and apply some fresh lube - just keep an eye on it, if you spot any dodgy links or whatever get it sorted before a ride! "Bad" chains are often down to bad owners ( although not always;) )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.