Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bicycle accessory Bicycle part Bicycle drivetrain part Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle

Hey guys. I'm usually a lurker, but I recently got a bike with the NX drivetrain. I hated the long throw, and it was very uncomfortable for me to move my thumb into position before engaging the shifter. So I 3D designed and printed this mod.

This simple mod reduces the travel of your down shift before it engages the shifter cable. All it does is prevents the downshift lever from fully "resetting."

You will need 3mm overall diameter self-tapping screws, about 12mm in length. I recommend printing with PETG or ABS for durability. Just add it to your bike, position so that it pushes against the downshifter. Try to upshift. If it doesn't "click" then back off the anti-throw until it does.

You can download it here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3648157

Thanks. Have fun out there.

Watch Watch accessory Circle Strap Silver

·
Registered
524 Posts
Pretty interesting! Definitely noticed the difference in the shifter play between NX and GX after riding my buddies Jeffsy with GX. NX shifter has a good amount of slop in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.