Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I have a 2019 trek Roscoe 8 ( sram nx eagle drivetrain)

A couple weeks ago out riding it would come out of gear on the third largest sprocket. Messed around in the trail but didn't fix it. Upon inspection when I got home, it bent the sprocket and broke a tooth. I didn't remember hitting anything to bend it but ya never know out on the trails. So I got it warrantied and I'm off again.

Well I've rode it a couple times, but with the wife ( easy pretty much flat) and with wife and kid( flat). The first time I went out it the woods with friends it bent again. I am shifting on uphill climbs fairly aggressively. Should I not do this? I think I heard it this time, I was on a climb and when I was shifting down it was very noisy once. Pretty sure that's when it bent. It still works ok now but you can definitely see it.

So should I shift easier on climbs? Is there a stronger cassette? I'm pretty sure it's not a adjustment problem.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yes, be gentle when shifting. Never apply big power to gear mechanism during the act of shifting. You need to either plan ahead and downshift under lower load before the next gear is needed or back off the power for a split second when shifting to allow it to smoothly get into next gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.