Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fooling around with the GFs new bike trying to get the front brake caliper centered a little better and came across this..

Unfortunately the 716 isn't very common aftermarket, but it is used on most of santa cruz's bikes from what i can tell.

is it ok for there to be no end cap like that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry to revive. Did you find out how to get the end cap. I have same problem, noticed too much play in front wheel. Looked down and saw exposed bearing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Had to buy a new hub. I still have the rest of the hub somewhere, with one of the endcaps still attached. I just don't remeber if I brought it with me when I moved 7 months ago. It's really bugging me now that I can't find it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry to revive this thread...

Nope. Had to buy a new hub. I still have the rest of the hub somewhere, with one of the endcaps still attached. I just don't remeber if I brought it with me when I moved 7 months ago. It's really bugging me now that I can't find it.
Does anyone know if the end cap is the same as is used on SRAM Rise 40 front hubs?

SRAM Rise 40 Front Wheel QR Axle End Caps | eBay

·
Registered
103 Posts
To leave a note to everybody, u can convert the sram hub to regular caps with raceface caps part#f60018 , fit perfectly, u can get it at world wide cycles . Also work good with formula hubs ( Salsa Bikes ) .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts