Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had seen this answer somewhere, but can't find it anymore, and was hoping someone had the answer here: How can I attach a Shimano I-Spec EV shifter to SRAM Matchmaker? I have Level TL brakes with GX shifting but I want to move to Shimano shifting, but I don't want to have two clamps.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I thought I had seen this answer somewhere, but can't find it anymore, and was hoping someone had the answer here: How can I attach a Shimano I-Spec EV shifter to SRAM Matchmaker? I have Level TL brakes with GX shifting but I want to move to Shimano shifting, but I don't want to have two clamps.
You should update the lousy brakes while you're at it then you can have a nice mounting system. LOL

Updating the brakes is a better first priority, in my opinion. BUT.....this isn't a brake debate thread.
I'm okay with my SRAM shifting but will be changing the Level T brakes and hopefully getting a mount adapter to make the connection.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have Sram Code RSC brakes and want to use the new XT M8100 1x12 system. The shifter seems to only have a flat bolt bracket from the photos, so I would need to bolt it onto something. Ideally this would be an adapter for the matchmaker, but are there just clamps available? My old XT M8000 shifters has an integrated clamp that works OK but not great with my SRAM brakes.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Still no solution for this? I contacted both Wolf Tooth and Problem Solvers today. Problem Solvers still doesn't have an ETA for their I-Spec EV adapters they're working on, and Wolf Tooth isn't working on anything at the moment.

If you look at the way the I-Spec EV shifter mounts, it almost looks like it could just screw straight into the Matchmaker lever clamp. Has anybody tried that?

Edit: I think I found my own answer: https://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-...er-bracket-shimano-ispec-shifter-1095926.html

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.