Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts
It should fit my Gemini...

But it would be fantastic on my Soon to arrive Scapel. Perfect for marathon racing!! Thumbs up to SRAM for ditching the Front Mech.

After the first post I initially thought that iwas some sort of sliding pulley system where the pulleys run in toward a centre on a slotted path. The gear ratio could be altered by moving the pulleys in toward the centre or away from it creating a sort of CVT. But this would do something similar. Perhaps now we can get 8 speed cassettes back??

Does it have a limited range of ratios? Meant only for FR/SS/DH or will be also useful/adaptable to XC/AM/Trail bikes?

Definitely looks interesting!

cheers

Cable looks hittable....??! REally.

I never seem to hit derailleur cables that run under the BB.
The pic shows the FR/DH version. The XC version is coming but it requires an ISG mount on the BB.
I got the whole run down on it from someone who has ridden it and spent some days with it. I trust his word and he says it's definately the future for FR/DH bikes.

Will have to wait for the XC version to judge. I imagine that there would be more friction losses so maybe not ideal for XC just yet.

Dan Gerous said:
Let's just hope it doesn't weight more than a standard crank+front derailleur which I doubt...
The article mentions that insiders predict that the weight difference between the new and standard crankset will be less than 100g.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.