Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Right now I’ve got what it does, I’m several miles away from my bikes so any idea if it would fit any of them:

Trance 1/X2
02 Slayer
07 Stumpy- just for interest

The reason I ask is that I’ll be asking my LBS to order a Hammer Schmidt as soon as they can if I can fit one somehow.

Tiffster said:
Look at there spec sheets and check if the frame has ISCG mounts?

How can you have decided you want it when Sram haven't given you guys the full details yet lol :D
None of the specs say and there are just some things you know you have to have.;)

Tiffster said:
Some info:

* The gearbox will be a two geared system, available in either a 12 or 14 tooth differential.
* There will be two versions -- one using the Stylo crank platform, the other using the Hussefelt.
* It will require that the frame have ISCG tabs for mounting.
* It will utilize an ISIS bottom bracket.
That blows! ISIS BBs wear out overnight, and Truvativ cranks are ugly klunkers.

snowdrifter said:
That blows! ISIS BBs wear out overnight, and Truvativ cranks are ugly klunkers.
some DH frames have wide BB shells that 2-piece cranks dont work with.

my ISIS bearings last 10 times longer than my mud filled outboard bearings i replace 5 times a year due to crappy seals.

or just dont get it and keep your junky shifting front setup(that includes everything made).
or just run 1x9 or SS(thats what i do on everything but 1 bike anyway).

Tiffster said:
Sram do that, they will have had the info removed. They did it here too when info on Sram X.X was released by accident.

This post will most likely be deleted too.
Very smooth operators, I wonder what they'll do if I post it on my blog?:eek:

Edit: done, it's on my blog, see if Sram goes to the trouble of asking Google or myself to remove it, not that it shows anything much.

http://lordonone.blogspot.com/2008/07/ministry-of-information.html
http://egf-blog.blogspot.com/2008/07/ministry-of-information.html

aussie_yeti said:
i don't know if the difference will be up or down. i'm guessing down and therefore if you want 22/34 rings, you'd run a 34 tooth ring with the 12 tooth differential. if you want 22/36 you'd run a 36 ring with the 14 tooth differential, for 24/36 it'd 36 ring 12 tooth differential.
I think you'd find it'll end up a bit like the following: Your front will end up being something like 26/40, and your cassette will wind up being a 10sp 12-36.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.