Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got the Sram GX 12 speed groupset and after install everything I find out that there's no clearance on the smallest cog with my chain. Another problem is when i try to align the derailleur to the smallest cog it won't go that far to the right after turning the screw to the max. What are my options now? Can i somehow put spacers or something give it more space clearance? I previous had a Shimano 11 speed on there before this.

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Is your derailleur hanger bent? Cassette installed correctly without any space at back of freehub?
Kinda odd that's not reaching, as the width of the cassette is same as other groups, just different gear spacing.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link. Turns out that all I had to do is really super tighten the cassette down. That solved the clearance for the chain now the other problem is the derailleur dont align with small cog after turn the screw to the max. Any suggestions? Can I go to home depot and buy washers/spacer and put it between the hanger and the derailleur mount screw to off set it a couple mm outwards? Is this conventional? Or do I need to buy a new hanger that sticks out more?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Also suggest disconnecting cable.

Are you adjusting the correct limit screw?

Is there a mounting option made for your bike? What is the direct mount vs. non-direct mount. They fit the bike differently, or something like that?

I assume the derailleur is a 12" derailleur. You said groupset so I guess you're installing the correct derailleur? Doesn't hurt to ask!

·
B A N N E D
5,389 Posts
Also post a overhead photo showing how much cable housing there is between the frame and the derailleur, the first photo doesn't show everything but it looks like you might have too much cable housing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.