Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Better in what way?

Afaik, the guides are more of a trail brake,while the others are more downhill oriented.

The maguras will need a different brake rotor (they use 2.0mm thick rotors, vs the 1.8mm that almost everyone else uses).

At current pricing, I think that the quadiem's are a really good deal, but I haven't used them yet myself. However, they seem to get great reviews. And, if Gwin uses/has used them... they at the very least can't be bad.

Personally, I think I'm going to be going for the quadiems here sometime this season, or the next.

·
Big M, Little organ.
294 Posts
What problem are you trying to solve? Codes feel almost identical to guides except for an increase in power. If you like the feel of guides but need more power those are a good choice. Hate DOT fluid? Maybe the TRPs make sense.

I think the mt7s up the power even more but have a different feel and more lever options. FWIW they work fine with 1.8mm rotors. Lots of people do it. Magura will say heat dissipation and warp resistance aren’t the same without their rotors but the extra .1mm piston extension won’t ruin anything. Maguras look too cool IMO. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.