Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got some sram guide rsc brakes that are around 5 months old.

Been working great, except just the other day I noticed that one of the levers is a bit sticky, harder to pull in, and it's also a bit slow to return back to it's resting position. Just feel tight kinda.

If you pull the lever further away from the bars, it moves very easy and smoothly. So the lever itself feels good, it's only when it's pushing and pulling on the cylinder?

I've tried doing a bleed, and also unscrewed the 2x torx screws and removed the lever, tried to clean it a bit and put back together.

But still the same..

Any ideas?

Thanks
Joel

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Hi all, I've got some sram guide rsc brakes that are around 5 months old.

Been working great, except just the other day I noticed that one of the levers is a bit sticky, harder to pull in, and it's also a bit slow to return back to it's resting position. Just feel tight kinda.

If you pull the lever further away from the bars, it moves very easy and smoothly. So the lever itself feels good, it's only when it's pushing and pulling on the cylinder?

I've tried doing a bleed, and also unscrewed the 2x torx screws and removed the lever, tried to clean it a bit and put back together.

But still the same..

Any ideas?

Thanks
Joel
I experienced similar problems with my RSC too. Will talk with the Sram guys next week maybe they know sth

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know what you hear. I'm going to talk to the local bike shop tomorrow. Worried they will think I'm complaining about nothing as brakes still work. But feel all wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
Any updates on this? My Guide R does the same thing. Works perfectly, but the lever is slow to return.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to send the lever back to SRAM via the local bike shop.. Returned 1x week later, repair sheet mentioned all new internals fitted to lever. Good now :)

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
Well, that sucks. I bought it from Art's, and my girlfriend threw away the box!!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Any updates on this? My Guide R does the same thing. Works perfectly, but the lever is slow to return.
sorry for answering so late. The reason for that sticky lever may be sticky brake piston seals in the caliper. Put some dot on these caliper seals cycle the brake pistons a few times and see if it gets better.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Where are these seals?, same problem here and cant figure out where to put the dot oil :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts