Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Epic Evo Expert 2022
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my 12 speed grip shift was instantly intuitive to use when I removed the trigger shifter...literally took me 20 seconds to get used to it...so the seatpost grip shift is exactly the same story for me:)

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I guess I'm just wondering how well one will adapt to attacking a downhill technical bit then having to twist and hold to lower or extend the seat. I'm sure it will be fine, but may take a moment to get used to how long to hold the grip in the 'pulled' position.

To me, shifting is different than controlling the seat position in that a shift is just a click and the work happens after the fact whereas the saddle is a twist and old operation.

·
Registered
Epic Evo Expert 2022
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the grip shift needs to be opened and the little spring loaded ratchet must be removed...

twisting and holding momentarily to me is a lot easier and more intuitive than unhooking my thumb from a grip to push a lever

·
Registered
Epic Evo Expert 2022
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3 rides down....works like a dream....I cannot believe this is not offered by SRAM or by anyone else yet...and at the price of a GX gripshift it will be difficult to beat...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
the grip shift needs to be opened and the little spring loaded ratchet must be removed...

twisting and holding momentarily to me is a lot easier and more intuitive than unhooking my thumb from a grip to push a lever
I once did this to see how it would work to actuate v-brakes instead of using a brake lever. Scariest test ride of my life.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Using a LH GX grip shifter to actuate my dropper since early this year (with the internal ratcheting spring removed). Takes a few rides to get used to it, but now it's second nature.

My Fox dropper put enough tension on the cable for the grip shifter to return on its own after actuation. Since switching to a BY Revive, it puts less tension on the cable so I have to rotate the grip shift back to its home position. I could play with the grease used in the grip shifter or try to add a return spring, but I'm used to it now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.