Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 model bike came with Sram G2 R brakes. I'm happy with the stopping power and modulation the brakes provide but wish the bite point was higher up in lever travel. The base G2 R levers don't provide an adjustment for this but I see the G2 RSC levers are adjustable and available for purchase by themselves.

Can I just swap out the levers on my bike for the G2 RSC levers and keep the G2 R calipers?
Has anybody done this and were you happy with the outcome or would it be better to just swap the entire system up to G2 RSC?

Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes you can just swap the levers out. The G2 caliper hydraulic leverage is the same for all models. It's a straight bolt-off, bolt-on, bleed operation.

Generally, you can install any SRAM or Avid lever on any SRAM or Avid hose+caliper combo, using their Stealthamajig hose fitting at the lever end. I've installed several G2 and Guide levers on second generation Code caliper and hose combinations for customers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.