Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since it appears sram doesnt make them, will any aftermarket sintered pad work well?

Thanks

·
monster member
1,032 Posts
I might have some pads and other parts for Elixir CR. Can you describe specifics of what you want?

·
monster member
1,032 Posts
Sorry, no extra brake pads. Thought I had something but couldn't find anything and it's been some years so don't remember the details. Sorry.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Aftermarket should work as long as they're the right size/shape for the calipers. I think this is the model you're looking for but verify they're the same shape as your current pads.

You can also get them here. Scroll down to the correct part.

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,334 Posts
I run the Jagwire Sports in my Elixir CR Mag's. As posted above, the same pads also work in the Level MTB brakes and I think the newest road calipers.

·
Super Moderator
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i started diggin into them. He said he has 180/180.
I should have checked the rear, 160. friend had a spare 160 though.. BUT the one rear pad is completely gone. new pads come tuesday. I am hoping some power returns with the rotors and pads.

As of now the lever pulls fairly firm, but with old pads and rotors it took REAL effort to slow down. I am hoping the hydraulic side is ok, after I bled the snot of F/R. If the seals were bad I imagine the lever would be soft and long in the travel....?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts