Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
What is worn out about your bolt, is it the hex head? I've found the hex heads on these bolts round out very easily, either because they are just so small in general, or perhaps slightly too big for the intended allen wrench. I've been able to consistently remedy this by using a small torx bit (T8 or T10, I can't remember exactly) instead of an allen. Could be worth a try if this is your problem. The ultimate solution is to skip the DUB preload ring altogether and get the Cane Creek version...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is worn out about your bolt, is it the hex head? I've found the hex heads on these bolts round out very easily, either because they are just so small in general, or perhaps slightly too big for the intended allen wrench. I've been able to consistently remedy this by using a small torx bit (T8 or T10, I can't remember exactly) instead of an allen.
Yes, exactly, and I have also been using a small Torx to fasten the screw. However, the perfectionist in me wants to have a better solution. ;-)

Cane Creek makes an excellent alum preload collar for DUB and 30mm spindle cranks...I highly recommend....
I was aware of that one, but it is also sold out around here.

Kogel also makes a nice one
Thanks, that one was new to me and I actually found a local supplier who has them in stock. Still need to stomach the 35 Euros, but the oil-slick titanium screw may help me get over it. ;-)

Regards, Robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.