Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My bike has a 73mm threaded BB, 135mm rear. It was fitted with a GXP 2x crankset. When looking into convert it to 1x things got confusing, expensive and out of stock really fast... After much searching i though i knew what i needed so i finally found and ordered the bits...
The BB was not difficult, but the GX DUB crankset just turned up and i'm not sure it's correct. The model is "AM FC GX Eagle CL55 DUB". The spindle says "DUB Wide" on it..? I was under the impression all the GX DUB cranks would fit (minus the fatbike stuff) and it just needed a 6mm offset chainring which i am still waiting for...?

Some help would be great, just hope i ain't screwed up...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Best I can figure is that you have a standard "non boost" crankset. The crankset description of "CL55* is never used in the States, but googling it gave results of listings from other countries. It would appear that the CL55 is referring to "native" chainline, so a 0mm offset chainring would give you a 55mm chainline, 3mm offset boost chainring would give you a 52mm chainline(standard for boost), and a 6mm offset non boost chainring would give you a 49mm chainline (standard for non boost 135/142mm rears).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies!
I was under the impression that SRAM had unified things (a good thing imo) with DUB and it was just the chainring-offset that corrected the chain-line..? I have just recieved a third party 38t (6mm offset) chainring, the CL55 came with 3mm offset ring, So that suggests to me, if the 3mm offset ring = 55mm chainline, then my new 6mm won't be enough..?
If so i'm thinking it will need to be returned or?
The part number is 00.6118.610.002 Does anyone know the part number i need?
This is all doing my poor little head in..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It may be possible what i have will give me 49mm chainline, but it's a risk. But i'm not sure why the put a 3mm offset ring and call it a 55mm chainline crankset..? Although not scientific what-so-ever, but comparing the new DUB to the old GXP, the DUB looks wider to the eye...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.