Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and help!

I have just updated from Sram SX to GX drive train including a new Sram dub BB on my 2020 Trek Roscoe 7.

After attempting the recommended setup I continued to have movement in the cranks, this movement is a horizontal movement as opposed to a side to side movement. I have tried various spacer configurations and it's doing my head in. I am also getting tightness in the flow of the crank spin (not a free spin feel) is this normal for dub BB?
Any expert advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Nuppo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, its threaded. I have also used the preload adjuster and still have movement. Its only a slight up and down movement and the more I try to tighten then I crack a spacer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Up and down sounds like you may have a wider BB than the crankset spindle. Stupid question, but are you sure its a DUB BB and a DUB crankset?

If it's definitely all DUB components (28.99mm) then check the bottom bracket bearings for play, could have a defective BB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.