Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today wanted to put a SRAM (Quarq) XX1 crank with the new DUB system, but faced a real problem. The ax is too small and the Q factor is too small ....
Does any of you installed this with succes? If yes, what did you do?
Many thanks...

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
you have to buy a SRAm XX1 Crank from your Cannondale dealer and it must be specified with the Cannondale Ai spindle. Here's the Rub it won't be DUB a DUB DUB. It will be BB30 Ai custom.
Suggest you return the DUB crank.
You cannot also buy a longer axle DUB cranks because the bearing seat on the spindle will not be located correctly on the drive side to fit the bearing .

If you want a lighter crank its often easier to just get a Hollowgram SISL or the SISL2

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Thank you... but the issue is not a normal xx1 DUb crank, but a quarq version.. this is not possible.. hope to find a solution here... many thx
Ok let me explain more carefully. SRAM does not make a compatible Quarq Power meter for the Cannondale Scalpel. you have to work around this by:

You have to buy 2 cranks sets if you want QUARQ power on your Scalpel.

a) 1 x SRAM XX1/XO1/Stylo Ai Crank
b) 1 x SRAM Quarq DUB power meter crank. (you already purchased)

You will use the non drive side of (a) and the Drive side of (b) to have a working system.
The crank mounting interface at the end of the axle is the same between DUB and BB30 SRAM and Cannondale Hollowgram cranks. So if you already have a SRAM Ai compatible crank fitted to the bike just fit the Quarq drive side spider and crank arm to the axle supplied with the bike

A far more elegant solution for a power meter on your bike can be shared if you'd provide information on the current crank fitted to your bike.
Other options are Rotor 2inPower or similar descendants from Easton and Race Face
Stages crank arm
Power2Max power meter spider

caveats: The Quarq is not calibrated to work with that crank arm so accuracy could be questionable.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Brad, are you sure DUB and BB30 driveside crankarms are interchangeable? Yes they have the same interface shape. But the DUB interface should be 28.99mm diameter and the BB30 30mm diameter.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yes pretty sure. The axle dimensions are 28.99 vs 30mm but the interface is the same dimensions as any other bb30 Crank.
Brad is right.

Additional info:

Unfortunately, due to the differing offset of the splines, you cannot mix an Si crank with SRAM (alluded to by BRAD above) as the crankarms will not be at 180°. This certainly would have been ideal if you didn't mind mixing arms.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Hmmmmm I'll check with my lbs on this one because they've done the fit and offered it me after I got the p2m. What I'm starting to realise is that SRAM sometimes give BS information to discourage practices they don't want you to fiddle with.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hmmmmm I'll check with my lbs on this one because they've done the fit and offered it me after I got the p2m. What I'm starting to realise is that SRAM sometimes give BS information to discourage practices they don't want you to fiddle with.
To clarify: Using an Si crankarm and spindle on the NDS won't allow SRAM/QUARQ Drive side arm to line up. The Si crankarm has male splines in line with the crank vector; whereas, the SRAM crankarm has female splines in the crank vector

·
Registered
5 Posts
The scalpel 2020 World cup mentions a new bracket in the specifications "SRAM DUB PF30 MTB83"
If you google for "SRAM DUB PF30 MTB83" you will find the bracket with partnr 00.6418.028.003
Maybe you can use that bracket and another ax to solve youre problem?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
The scalpel 2020 World cup mentions a new bracket in the specifications "SRAM DUB PF30 MTB83"
If you google for "SRAM DUB PF30 MTB83" you will find the bracket with partnr 00.6418.028.003
Maybe you can use that bracket and another ax to solve youre problem?
The problem is the DUB Ai axle compatible Crank is only available from a cannondale dealer and cannondale often don't make parts like cranks and forks available aftermarket for some months after the bikes go on sale. So it doesn't solve the issue today.
The bb is a standard SRAM PF30 DUB unit with a cannondale part number (perhaps)

PS checked in with my lbs on the DUB quarq on a 2019 Ai SRAM Crank and they say it fits as they've fitted a couple now. Will visit on Friday and have a look at the parts, trial fit and take pics

·
Registered
5 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Don't think it is a standard bb, it is 83 mm wide and mentions AI - cannondale only. See attached picture and https://www.sram.com/globalassets/d...ty-map-dub-choosing-an-mtb-bottom-bracket.pdf

BTW, I have a Power2max Sram non boost on my scalpel SE1. This is the same as the boost but comes with an adapter for the extra 3mm offset
The SRAM PF30 DUB bb is two plastic cups that are pressed into the frame. One cup has an elongated sleeve that allows for the fitment of the bb to frames with bb shell width 68mm to 92mm.
They use the same bb for many different frame widths

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, I get it now. We will know friday if the DUB quarq fits.

It is a pity you can't buy the Quarq spider only and have to buy a whole crankset to use the spider on the cannondale crank. And you're left with a non boost crankset and most frames are boost.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, I get it now. We will know friday if the DUB quarq fits.

It is a pity you can't buy the Quarq spider only and have to buy a whole crankset to use the spider on the cannondale crank. And you're left with a non boost crankset and most frames are boost.
And, did it fit? If yes, what did you do as mine doent fit at all ... thx...

·
Registered
5 Posts
And, did it fit? If yes, what did you do as mine doent fit at all ... thx...
It was Brad who would try to fit a DUB quarq powermeter on Friday

PS checked in with my lbs on the DUB quarq on a 2019 Ai SRAM Crank and they say it fits as they've fitted a couple now. Will visit on Friday and have a look at the parts, trial fit and take pics
Brad, did it fit?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts