Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Resident Gear Head
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone Sram AXS have firsthand experience with the real world durability of the derailleur? I'm curious about the "overload clutch" mechanism that disengages when the derailleur is impacted. I've seen the videos of people punching it from the side but I'm curious how it actually works against a rock strike when not in the smallest gear and actually riding at speed.

·
thecentralscrutinizer
2,955 Posts
I run AXS, but have not hit the derailleur on anything that caused it to disengage. Saw a video, think it was Pinkbike on Youtube, that said they had hit theirs and it kept on working like it's supposed to. If you strike it when it's in the lowest gear there is obviously no place for the derailleur to move to. Guess you bend the hanger or derailleur at that point. Other than that, the derailleur has been awesome and has survived a broken HT frame at the rear driveside dropout/hanger area. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have close to 1200 miles on mine. have hit it a couple times, can hear that clutch engage is about it . Didn't skip a beat. Love it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts