Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if anyone has posted a guide on sram 3.0 clutch adjustment. Got a new bike with nx eagle and coming from shimano i am having a hard time accepting the bad quality of the clutch. no tension whatsoever in comcparison with my xt setup on the previous bike.

I'm going to take a look at chain length tonight, and adjust the b limit after, and hopefully adjust the clutch. but if that doesnt solve the problem i'll have do some magic with zip ties to keep the chain on the right side of the chainstay until xt 12 speed is released.

I've had the same issues with an older bike i bought with x7, where i found that i could adjust the clutch and this solved the problem to some degree.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
:(. will adjust chain length and b screw, then take it back to the bike shop. it truly cant be right that this thing flops like a 1980 deore RD.
Yeah, get it to a shop. My NX derailleur is more stiff than the XT I have on another bike.
I recently adjusted the XT, still a tad of chain slap but zero slap on my NX bike with around 400 miles on it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've wrapped a tube around the chainstay and seatstay of the frame, so chain slap is annoying, but doesn't cost paint. my problem is the chain from the top of the chainring to top of the cassette falls below the chainstay and gets jammed when hitting anything of significance. i have never in all the years of cycling had this issue.

last night i took a link out and moved the b screw in, then put 4 zip ties on the chainstay so they point out and essentially stop the chain from coming on the wrong side of the chainstay. will see if this helps until i can get it to the shop.

I've had a chainguide on since the start, or I will no doubt have dropped the chain many times.

i compared it to my ultegra rd on my cross bike. the feel is the same, almost like there isnt a clutch at all like the ultegra (again, not scientific test, just feeling).

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I've wrapped a tube around the chainstay and seatstay of the frame, so chain slap is annoying, but doesn't cost paint. my problem is the chain from the top of the chainring to top of the cassette falls below the chainstay and gets jammed when hitting anything of significance. i have never in all the years of cycling had this issue.

last night i took a link out and moved the b screw in, then put 4 zip ties on the chainstay so they point out and essentially stop the chain from coming on the wrong side of the chainstay. will see if this helps until i can get it to the shop.

I've had a chainguide on since the start, or I will no doubt have dropped the chain many times.

i compared it to my ultegra rd on my cross bike. the feel is the same, almost like there isnt a clutch at all like the ultegra (again, not scientific test, just feeling).
Something definitely sounds wrong.

Good luck finding a solution.
I am not able to visualize the chain having as much slop as you are describing.

Removing links and turning screws sounds like you're throwing ideas at it that are unrelated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.