Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dilemma. I was just wondering if i should wait for the 07' X9's or go for the 06' XO? Do you guys think there will be a big performance difference? I know there is a big price difference and the question is quite vague. Any thoughts? :confused:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I doubt even w/ the "upgrades" to 07 X.9, that it still won't match 06 X.0 performance. I personally had an 05 X.9, and needed to replace b/c I crashed and damaged the cage. I went w/ an 06 X.9. I can't imagine forking out the money for an X.0, regardless of year. That's just me. I'm happy w/ the X.9, can't complain. But, if you can wait, I guess why not wait. I couldn't, so I went w/ the current year.

·
Registered
343 Posts
my $0.02:
If you don't have to have the latest and carbon fiber and so on.....the X9 will perform just as well as the XO.

If you look at the specs, they're very close, just the XO has some Ti parts/spring and some adjustments here and there on the trigger shifters.

Personally, I'd save the money and go with the X9.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
If its all about $$$..

Buy the 07' X9:)

I personally have and use both the 05' X9 and 06' XO in long cage..:ihih: The XO is the snappier of the two IMO..Noticeable enough that I just ordered the 06' med cage XO at an AWESOME PRICE :thumbsup: here's the link...

:cornut::D http://www.blueskycycling.com/product1548_38_-Sram-X.0-Rear-Derailleur-9-speed-06.htm :thumbsup:

The med cage will be an Up-grade for the X9 ride:cool: And the X9 goes in the parts bin to hang out with the X7..:lol:
I like quality back-up:D

:rant: Get um while there HOT:thumbsup:

Jake Pay, POWERED by SRAM Here..:ihih: :yesnod: :smilewinkgrin: :winker: :lol:

EDIT#2:STILL ON SALE (07/30/06) https://www.blueskycycling.com/view_cart.php

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Pay Here said:

I personally have and use both the 05' X9 and 06' XO in long cage..:ihih: The XO is the snappier of the two IMO..Noticeable enough that I just ordered the 06' med cage XO at an AWESOME PRICE :thumbsup: here's the link...

:cornut::D http://www.blueskycycling.com/product1548_38_-Sram-X.0-Rear-Derailleur-9-speed-06.htm :thumbsup:

The med cage will be an Up-grade for the X9 ride:cool: And the X9 goes in the parts bin to hang out with the X7..:lol:

Jake Pay, POWERED by SRAMHere..:ihih: :yesnod: :smilewinkgrin: :winker: :lol:
I always thought it was the shifter which made the big diff, not the rear D. And that having a clean cable and ungunked housing cut to the right length would do more for rear D performance than the actual rear D.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Pay Here said:

Jake Pay, POWERED by SRAMHere..:ihih: :yesnod: :smilewinkgrin: :winker: :lol:
That is a good price. You could get nashbar or performance to price match and/or use their 10% off coupon (sometimes they will, oftentimes not.)

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
westin,

Your right, the shifter plays a large part in the performance:D I use the XO grips with the X9 and XO RDs..The XO-XO set-up is snappier then my XO-X9..IMO:)

I cant speak for the XO trigg's.. Iam missing 1/2 a thumb :yikes: Thats why I went SRAM :D and love'n it..:lol::lol::lol:

Jake Pay, POWERED by SRAM Here..:ihih::yesnod::smilewinkgrin::winker::lol:

.........................:rant: .....XO...ROCK's.... :incazzato: :prft::ciappa: :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
627 Posts
That is a great price. I recently ordered the Medium cage X.9 (2006) to replace my older X.9 long cage. I'm sure I'll be happy with it. I think both shifter and derailleur play a huge part in shift quality. Take a look at what bikes will come with, you'll usually see a deore trigger shifter set, and XT rear derailleur, OR you'll see an LX shifter set and XTR. This isn't uncommon for "off the shelf" setups. IMHO, I like to keep them closer in performance level, like XT shifters w/ XTR rear, but I guess in our case, any combo of X.9 X.0 is good :D

I think you'll be happy with any. If you find a good deal now, grab it while it's hot :madmax:

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
If your refering to:

sonyisdope said:
Just so you know, that rear derailleur price is for the CNC cage, not the "Blackbox" Carbon Fiber one. You can find that price almost anywhere.
Are you refering to:
The 06'XO med cage..:rant: Your wrong :incazzato: The long cage is listed @ $199, and the med cage @ $169 :thumbsup:
http://www.blueskycycling.com/product1548_38_-Sram-X.0-Rear-Derailleur-9-speed-06.htm

I got the med cage yesterday and its the "KIND" So back up your statment and give up that 'almost anywhere' Blah-Blah..Show us :D:);):rolleyes::eek::cool::skep::eekster: the LINKs

If your not refering to the 06' med cage: Sorry 4 da :madmax:

Jake Pay, POWERED by SRAM Here..:ihih::yesnod::smilewinkgrin::winker::lol:.. :rant:..XO-ROCK's..:prft::ciappa:..:headphones:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the XO Med cage derailleur! :thumbsup: I just placed my order at Blue Sky. After going back and forth trying to decide if I wanted to wait for 07' X9 to be released (whenever that happens), I finally gave in and decided to go with the best for at least the rear derailleur. I don't care if it's massive overkill for my needs, it was a good price and I was tired of waiting. I figure by the time the SRAM 07' products are released I will have recovered enough money to buy a matching set of X0 shifters :D

My bike isn't going anywhere at the moment anyways since I need to send my shock back to Marzocchi due to a stripped out disc brake mount hole. Before anyone asks, yes I used the proper torque with a properly calibrated wrench. The top mount hole worked fine the bottom mount hole decided to crap out on me for some reason.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Congratz..

Badgerboy1970 said:
Thanks for the heads up on the XO Med cage derailleur! :thumbsup: I just placed my order at Blue Sky. After going back and forth trying to decide if I wanted to wait for 07' X9 to be released (whenever that happens), I finally gave in and decided to go with the best for at least the rear derailleur. I don't care if it's massive overkill for my needs, it was a good price and I was tired of waiting. I figure by the time the SRAM 07' products are released I will have recovered enough money to buy a matching set of X0 shifters :D
Always glad to help..:) Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine..:thumbsup:

Jake Pay, POWERED by SRAM Here..:ihih::yesnod::smilewinkgrin::winker::lol:

:rant: They wont last 4ever!!!..GET UM @:lol::lol::lol:
ALP-401 055.jpg (118.1 KB)

...:cool: http://www.blueskycycling.com/product1548_38_-Sram-X.0-Rear-Derailleur-9-speed-06.htm ..:thumbsup:

........................................:band:.........................................

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
ccaddy,

ccaddy said:
None of these links are working for me :mad: :madman:
Try this http://www.blueskycycling.com/ its their home page..Or do a Yahoo search:thumbsup:

Good luck..:)

Jake Pay, POWERED by SRAM Here....:ihih::yesnod::smilewinkgrin::winker::lol:

EDIT: Its gonna read $234.......Click the med cage and it reads $169......If you call in the Order you'll know for sure what they're gonna charge...

EDIT#2:STILL ON SALE (07/30/06) https://www.blueskycycling.com/view_cart.php

·
Registered
27 Posts
Strange, both links were working earlier today for me. :confused: I received my X0 derailleur about two days after I ordered it is super bling :D Since I only own one bike at the moment I went all out and purchased some X0 triggers too can't wait until I get my fork back from Marzocchi so I can put it all together.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.