Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Same was for the Auron. You coat the internal negative spring with lots of SlikHoney or the like. Never had an issue and the suspension was awesome in my eyes. However, the Auron does have you put 80w90 oil in the upper air chamber, think it was like 15ml. I had ridden mine for over a year and when I did a full service (and changed dampers) the foam rings were still in good shape, still felt slightly greasy/oily.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can't find the the site for reference right now, but Suntour has said it is ok to but 10-15ml in each lower, but they do not feel it is necessary.

I have put a small amount of 15W oil in the lowers of my Suntours to help lubricate the foam ring and seals. I find it gives a slight improvement of the forks stiction and keeps it that way longer than just soaking the foam rings in oil. I also hang my bike on the wall by the front wheel so that helps lube the foam ring.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
I can't find the the site for reference right now, but Suntour has said it is ok to but 10-15ml in each lower, but they do not feel it is necessary.

I have put a small amount of 15W oil in the lowers of my Suntours to help lubricate the foam ring and seals. I find it gives a slight improvement of the forks stiction and keeps it that way longer than just soaking the foam rings in oil. I also hang my bike on the wall by the front wheel so that helps lube the foam ring.
Remember reading about this in the Raidon thread here from a few years ago. If I wasn't stuck currently with this Lyrik I would be purchasing a Durolux as we speak. But alas, I got to wait a bit.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Remember reading about this in the Raidon thread here from a few years ago. If I wasn't stuck currently with this Lyrik I would be purchasing a Durolux as we speak. But alas, I got to wait a bit.
I haven't ridden anything but a Suntour in the past couple of years. How do you find the lyric and Suntour compare?

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
I haven't ridden anything but a Suntour in the past couple of years. How do you find the lyric and Suntour compare?
SR Suntour that I have is the Auron with the upgraded PCS RC2 damper (now standard on the Auron) on my old trail bike (Stumpy FSR Clone). Out of all the forks that I have ridden, including the Lyrik RC w/ MRP Ramp Control, it has been the best fork I have ever felt. Close seconds are the MRP Ribbon and the Manitou Tower Pro (different bikes). For whatever reason I just cannot find that "plushness" in the lyrik that all the other easily exhibited with minimal tuning.

While the Lyrik felt better with the upgrade PUSH wipers and a good oil change, it seems like I go from overly harsh to not so harsh. HSC on the Lyrik is where I see the biggest difference in "changes" to the feel of the fork, LSC really seems to do little to nothing from my feeling and I go from feeling like I have massive arm fatigue and pump to not quite so bad. Never had that feeling with any of the other forks and have ridden all on my main "race" course that exhibits everything from fast flowy sections to serious chunder, rock drops and rolls to small jumps. I would be interested in getting my hands on a Shockwiz to do some testing/tuning but wonder how well it plays with the Ramp Control.

EDIT: Found last night that Shockwiz DOES NOT play with the ramp control. So I would basically have to convert back to stock on the lyrik and then go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.