Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to pass along the trail conditions at SG. Took my step-son up there Tuesday to try to retake that sucker since my crash that blew my knee out during the PMBAR (sorry, Carlos, that I gimped us to a fabulous last place finish...but, finish we did). Anyhoo, there's a bunch of deadfall up there. Also, saw some horse damage on some of the narrowest parts. Cantrell Creek from SG to the chimney is in terrible shape. Thought that I would add that just in case anyone chose to bail at that point like we did. Ride safe.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
There's a trail work day scheduled for this Saturday that I can't make. Interested parties should rally at the Ranger Station at 10am- they'll be driving up the road to the top of Horse Cove and hiking in from there.
Cantrell is the responsibility of a hiking group- we cannot LEGALLY work on it. Concerns regarding trails other than Laurel Moutntain, Bent Creek trails, and Squirrel Gap should be forwarded directly to the Ranger Station. Also, remember we can only LEGALLY work on Squirrel from the top of Laurel Creek to the bottom of Horse Cove- equestrian groups have assigned responsibility for the rest of the trail. Where was the deadfall you encountered?
Mike

·
Registered
172 Posts
We got the trees between Horse Cove and Cantrell Cr as well as the two just east of Cantrell Cr. One of them was a BFT. I know of 3-4 more down on Mullinax, but as Mike said, we don't have permission to cut those. My hat is off to Mike Dale for doing the chainsaw work. He did a great job. Carlos and I did the grunt work while Evan videotaped the grunting and offered a helping hand when we needed it. Thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.