Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Juicy 7 carbon squells so loud during long steep breaking, when rested/paused for a while, noise disappear then returns afterwards. Does it have something to do with the hotness of rotor/pad? Any thoughts on this? Thanks

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Check your pads for glaze. Sand in a figure 8 pattern across sandpaper to remove glaze.

It could be that you're overheating the system. Don't just lay on the brake (like a soccermom). Brake in a pattern, use it to control your speed, not as a crutch.

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
Check your pads for glaze. Sand in a figure 8 pattern across sandpaper to remove glaze.

It could be that you're overheating the system. Don't just lay on the brake (like a soccermom). Brake in a pattern, use it to control your speed, not as a crutch.
My rear end is doing the same thing but I think it's the turkey call issue. I find it hard to believe that the pads are glazed though because it's pretty new with only about 50 miles on the bike now. And those are not hard braking miles either.

Do washers under the caliper to raise it up resolve the turkey call issue as someone suggested or should I just have the rotors replaced with the clean sweeps?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.