Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this will sound like a stupid question but I have to ask it anyway. I just recently got back into Mtn. Biking these past couple years. My bike has a Rock Shox Pilot SL Shock on it that has begun to squeak when on the trail in the past week. I am pretty sure it just needs some lube since it is pretty dry from cleaning it. I just wanted to make sure that this is more than likely the problem, and if it is the problem what to use to lube it back up. Also how to apply it so I don't have to pay someone at a bike shop $50 to do something that I can do on my own. Thanks for the help.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
If it's been sitting around for a couple years, there's a good chance it is in need of a clean and lube. Typically pretty easy to do if you have some mechanical ability. Use a quality fork specific grease like Slick Honey, Manitou Prep-M, or Rock Shox Judy Butter. I'm not sure if your fork has damping oil but if so, it's probably needs changing as well. Check the manual for more detailed information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.