Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last two rides have featured a lovely loud squeaky sound eminating from my RP3 shock. This only occurs when I have the shock in the middle setting. I've actually had some success getting the noise to dissappear by flipping the PP lever to the soft setting and then setting it back to the middle, but this is a hit and miss fix -- the noise just keeps coming back. I've deflated and cycled the shock, but to no avail.

Anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions before I send it back to Push?

Feel the gin

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems, then, that this is a problem Fox hasn't addressed..

Aparently this type of thing doesn't happen enough to warrant a fix. The other problem is, unless you get someone who gives a damn over at Fox, they're just going to put the shock on their dyno, cycle it a few times, and claim that the shock is fine and that they can't hear any noise.

Good luck. Oh, and are you absolutely positive you have an 06?

RoundRockTJ said:
I have the exact same problem on my 06 factory RP3. Has anyone figured out what the deal is with this?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Propedal squeak

If you have an RP3 that squeaks it's being caused by an imbalance between the Propedal Spring and and initial valvestack of the compression piston. The reason that you can get it to go away, is because by moving the lever you decrease or increase the preload on the Propedal spring elimintaing the imbalance.

E-mail me, or phone and I'll get an RA issued to adjust the valving balance.

As for stock RP3, they too can sometimes be effected by this due to manufacturing/assembly tolerance. It doesn't hurt anything, it's just annoying.

Thanks,

Darren Murphy
[email protected]
(970) 278-1110

·
_
850 Posts
It sounds like a similar problem I'm having with my brand new DHX 5.0, I get a "clunk/dunk" noise during the first 1/4 inch of travel. Supposively it doesn't affect performance, but I'm upset because it is brand new and it shouldn't be making that noise. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.