Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put some Mallet C's on my SS CX (off season general purpose puddle jumping) Are these things known for being noisy? I greased the threads. Bike sounds like a POS now.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've had Mallet M's on my Surly for over 8 months with no squeaking problems to date. These pedals are serviceable. Maybe they need a good lube/adjustment?

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
OFSFrank said:
Just put some Mallet C's on my SS CX (off season general purpose puddle jumping) Are these things known for being noisy? I greased the threads. Bike sounds like a POS now.
I have the same problem after a short time riding. Make sure your crankbolts are tight. But they still creak like an old whore's smelly mattress.

I personally was in love with crank bros products at first: nice price, light, simple. Then they fall apart and get all junky really fast. Especially in muddy puddle humping conditions (yes, I said HUMPing). They are supposed to be mud shedding, which they are, but dont last in muddy conditions. Probably work great in the desert, though.

Yes they are serviceable. But I don't like servicing products. I prefer durable over serviceable. Mine are coming off the bike as soon as I get a chance.

·
Really I am that slow
3,777 Posts
do you still have.....

I run eggs and if you still have your funny little paltic peace that looks like a mini cone thats a gease port that you can srcew in after you remove the palitic end cap..... use a grease gun and whole job takes 1min. Shoot the gease in till it starts to come out of the spindle side of the pedal. Hope this helps.

I love parts that can be serviced. We live in a throw away culture. If its broke get a new one, If I see an ad in mtb action or mtbr I must buy it. anyhow i'll get off my soapbox,

Dave

Keep the rubber side down!

·
Mtn Biker Machinist
1,262 Posts
Mine too

I have the regular eggbeaters, and they are pretty squeaky too, especially when I am spinning high rpm. I have also noticed a lot of side to side play in mine, after about a yr. of use. I pulled the rubber cap off the ends to make sure everything is tight, and it is. Do I just need to rebuild them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts