Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sir Wreck-A-Lot
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(New) Square taper bottom bracket options - fixed, TangeSeiki LN-7922 is the bomb

Threaded bottom bracket went south last ride, need a new one.

Does Shimano still make XT-level square tapers, or what is a relatively light bottom bracket for under $70? Thank you.

·
Sir Wreck-A-Lot
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tange makes a good one for not too much money. Design and quality is equivalent to the old higher end Shimano square taper units.

https://www.benscycle.com/tange-ln-...ottom_bracket_tange-seiki_ln-3922_447/product
Thanks again - I looked into them, and see that the Tange Seiki LN-7922 is what I'm looking for. These would be the equivalent of the Shimano UN-72/73 BB's.

I'll be ordering one next week when I get back home to measure what length spindle I have in the bike.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Thanks again - I looked into them, and see that the Tange Seiki LN-7922 is what I'm looking for. These would be the equivalent of the Shimano UN-72/73 BB's.

I'll be ordering one next week when I get back home to measure what length spindle I have in the bike.
Glad to help! Tange actually made Shimano's higher end BB's so it's essentially the same piece. Long live the square taper!

·
Sir Wreck-A-Lot
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, and it's hollow, and the cut-away-drawing on the box it came in seems to show the outside-diameter of the axle may be tapered inside the shell, so this very well may be equivalent (or better) than the old Shimano XTR bottom bracket.

Text Font Parallel Diagram Line art

Finger Lens Nail Circle Camera lens

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.